Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ready for take off

So, I was asked last night if I would be willing to be a community blogger for The Bulletin. At first, I was unsure of what I might be able to write about that would be relevant to the community; but after considering a few topics, and reading my father's column today, I realized the Arts of Eastern Connecticut would be perfect. Not only am I informed about the arts, I am part of the arts.

I began playing violin in fourth grade, picked up viola in ninth grade, added french horn and mellophone in eleventh grade, and took piano lessons through college where I majored in Performing Arts with a concentration of Music. At Norwich Free Academy, I played in the Orchestra, Concert Band, and Wildcat Marching Band.

I currently play with the New London Community Orchestra. In the past I have played with the Willimantic Orchestra, Thames Valley Orchestra, and the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Youth Orchestra. I have played at the Eastern Region High School Concert Festival, USSBA Championships at Giants Stadium (twice), and countless adjudication festivals up and down the east coast including Virginia Beach, Washington D.C., the Walt Disney World Resort, also locally in Waterford and Colchester.

Also, my brother was a fine arts student at NFA, so I do hear about local art shows and exhibitions.

I think it's safe to say, I might know a thing or two about a thing or two.  Being in my mid-20s, it's only normal for me to be practically obsessed with social networking so any local events pertaining the arts (music, visual arts, dance, theater) should be no problem to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment