Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just a reminder

Just wanted to remind anyone or inform anyone who does not already know, this Sunday at 2pm in New London at the Harbour Towers Ballroom (4th floor) there will be a concert held by the New London Community Orchestra.

Our program includes:

Vivaldi Concerto in G Major (Alla Rustica) Op. 51, No. 4
Bach Fugue in G minor "The Little Fugue"
Satie Gymnopedie #1
Mozart Divertimento No. 1, K. 136 I & III

I would love to provide you with some program notes, but today is the SOPA strike and many websites are blacked out and my textbook has not yet arrived in the mail. So if you will forgive me, I hope to be able to provide you with some added information soon.

What I can provide is more information on the concert specifically.

Who:
"The New London Community Orchestra is non-profit organization comprised of volunteer players and organizers. Performances are designed to offer classical music to the public, raising awareness of musical traditions, a community of musicians, and the need for music education. Funds raised through concerts and events have contributed to the creation of the organization and the start up program for after school string programs for children." - newlondoncommunityorchestra.org

When:
2:00 P.M. Sunday January 22nd, 2012

Tickets:
Free admission, voluntary donations greatly appreciated.

Where:
Ballroom at Harbour Towers
461 Bank Street, New London, CT 06320


As a member, I will of course be there. I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment